Saturday, April 19, 2008

How Could Legal Matter Be So Obsessive?

The most difficulty I am having is finding the time to analyze laws (state and court rulings, etc.) pertaining to my research topic. If I had a paper to write on some topic that would not require analysis of legal matters, I would be done by now. However, the truth is that the process of analyzing laws is so interesting that once I start thinking about the decision of a court case, I cannot stop thinking about it. I cannot concentrate in my other studies. I am trying many ways to get rid of my obsession. I am taking many drives to the country side (that is what I do when I try to forget about something or refresh my mind) and doing everything to get over it.

However, that does not seem to be much helpful. Twists and turns of legal matters haunt me wherever I go!! I get tired; I get headache but still cannot forget about it. Does it happen to any of you? What does my symptom mean? Is it an indication that I should pursue law as career or do something with it or is it just mere an obsession that would just go away on its own one day soon? What is it? This is the first legal history class I have ever taken. This seems too quick to reach to a conclusion about what I shoud do with such facination. I will really like to hear your comments / criticisms /whatever your thoughts might be on my craze for law or legal matter. Good luck everyone with your research paper.

1 comment:

Leah Dolan said...

I find researching legal matter fascinating and I'm still learning how to do it. It is kind of funny how obsessive it can be and time-consuming. I kind of think anyone who enjoys sitting there for hours just doing legal research has at least some inclination towards the law. I know I do.